February 7th, 2014
I met this little sweetheart for her photo session at Old Sacramento to capture some colorful portraits now that she’s three years old. What a delightful personality she has!
I love that we caught her tired and sucking her fingers here; a sweet way of self-soothing that she’ll likely outgrow in the next few years.
Did Mum not do a spectacular job on putting together the outfits for their photo session?! Perfection!
January 28th, 2014
Looking for something fun to do with your Valentine’s themed portraits? I’ve got an adorable idea for a sweet photo Valentine’s gift to hand out to friends and family!
1 cute Valentine photo
Small plastic baggie (I found mine at Michaels)
Print out your valentine’s photo onto the sheet of card stock. Fold the card stock in half along the top of the photo and cut out. You’ll be left with a folded card, photo on one side and blank on the other. Fill the plastic baggie with your valentine treats and staple the photo card over the top of it. Write out a sweet Valentine’s message on the back of the card and you’re set! You’ve got a creative and personal Valentine’s card for your child to pass out to friends and family!
Looking for more fun and unique Valentine’s Day cards to do with your kids? Check out my diy Valentine’s Day card roundup!
January 28th, 2014
I’ve been photographing this sweet girl since her first birthday and I’m always taken by how demure she is with me and my camera. What a surprise she gave me this time by not only readily smiling, laughing and playing with me, but by POSING herself for the camera! After the session, I received an e-mail from her mum saying that G was asking when she could come play with me again. So sweet! It is a goal of mine with every session, to not only capture beautiful, natural portraits of your children, but to make sure that they have a fantastic time during the session!
I know it’s been a successful portrait session when this is the look I get when I announce that we’re finished, lol.
January 22nd, 2014
DIY Valentine’s Roundup!
I’ve scoured the web for unique, diy valentines and have put together a list of my favorites! Most are candy free and many will interest boys and not-so-girly girls! I’d love to hear if you and your kids make any of these!
1. Love Bug Valentines by Dandee
2. May the Force Be With You Valentines by Brassy Apple
3. Cupid’s Arrow Valentine by Sweet Muffin Suite
4. Tiny Animal Valentine by Sweet C’s Designs
5. Astronaut Valentines by Dandee
6. TOAD-ally Awesome Valentines by Crap I’ve Made
7. Tic-Tac-Toe Valentines by Naomi Harrison Photography
8. Playdoh Valentines by Random Thoughts of a Supermom
9. Friendship Bracelet Valentine by Dandee
10. Whoopee! Valentine by Supermom Moments
11. I “Chews” You Valentine by Crazy Little Projects
12. I’m Loom-y for You Valentine by Lolly Jane
13. Bubble Valentines by Armelle
14. You Make My Heart Glow Valentine by Craftiness is not Optional
15. Will Zoo be Mine? Valentine by Blue Robin Cottage
16. You Are A-Maze-Ing Valentine by Pinching Your Pennies
17. Have a Ball Valentine by Dandee
18. Blowing Kisses Your Way by The Mother Huddle